It's not news to say that I don't enjoy math. My brain is wired more for reading and writing rather than numbers and their concepts, and the first time I substitute taught at my kids' school I learned the hard way that, when possible, I need to ask for a copy of these math lessons ahead of time.
Their day begins with Saxon Math right away, and these eight-page scripted lessons intimidate the heck out of me. I made it through that first second-grade lesson, but it was very stressful. So now I like to be prepared. Yesterday afternoon I read through the fourth grade lesson I will teach today, and let's just say it's in everyone's best interest that I get a handle on it before going into the classroom. Because reading this for the first time at 7:30 and having to teach it at 8:15 is no way to start a day.

No comments:
Post a Comment