Brian and Sara finally grew up! We joined some exclusive clubs and feel that we've finally arrived. It's almost like when we got smartphones a whopping five years after everyone else got theirs. I don't text. Please stop texting me. It costs me eight cents every time you write, "K". We are obviously not early adopters, but we are catching up.
Last month, before our trip to Durango, we finally joined REI. It's not far away from us, but REI isn't around the corner, either. We've been meaning to join for years, and it was like a bucket list item to join before we turned 40. Well Brian's 39th birthday is next month, so you could say we're ahead of schedule. We joined so that he could buy the GoPro there because of the dividends. Always thinking, that guy.
The next club we signed with is even more exciting, so you might want to sit down for this. We are Costco members now! It's like I dream, I know. This weekend, Elizabeth and I went for the first time. We went around 10:15 so we'd beat the Saturday crowds. Holy moly! We didn't beat them. The parking lot was scary, and once inside we tried to stay out of everyone's way. I think next time I'll go during the week when I have a day off. We didn't even get anything fun, and our bill still came to $235. At least we are well stocked with our staples like three beef roasts, two pork tenderloins, frozen fish, five pounds of baby carrots, three pounds of cherry tomatoes, spring mix greens, hummus, bread, maple syrup, and nuts. Hopefully I won't have to go to the grocery store as often now.
Next up? Maybe Netflix.
No comments:
Post a Comment