Sunday, November 3, 2013

I Mustache You a Question.

Why are mustaches so popular right now?

My daughter's friends have necklaces with them, I've seen recent family portraits where everyone holds up a mustache on a stick, and while shopping for duct tape crafts yesterday Elizabeth and I found mustache-themed tape.  Why?  Someone enlighten me please.

Maybe it has something to do with the Movember trend that began a few years ago.  I suppose in a week or so there will be all kinds of men with mustaches.  Health issue awareness is something I can get behind so when Brian received an invitation from his friend to participate in this campaign to "change the face of men's health," I encouraged him to give it a try.  I'm apparently what they call a Mo Sista, and from what I infer from the website it means that while I don't have to grow a mustache (great news because the one I've been trying to grow for 37 years isn't coming in very well), it's my job to support him along his Movember journey by not making fun of it.  Or anyone else's, I guess.  Yes, I'm pretty sure that's all I have to do and I think I can do it. I like when he gets a little scruffy during the weekends anyway, so how bad can it be?  Stay tuned.

No comments: