Saturday, November 2, 2013

Oops. I Did It Again.

Guess who signed up for her second Ragnar?  And it's not the Tahoe one. Yet.

My friend Anita asked me last year to join her Ragnar Del Sol team, but I declined.  The race was in February, and I was training for a January 20th marathon.  I wanted to run the marathon without having to worry about another big race a month later.  I'm a bit of a worrywart like that.  I didn't know how my body would feel afterwards, and I'm glad I didn't sign up for Ragnar then.  I hurt for a while, and it wouldn't have been a good idea to push at that time.

So she's been throwing the idea at me again for the last couple of weeks, and last night I registered.  How can I resist with a team name like Let Him Eat Cake?  She's a really fun and cool person so I'm looking forward to spending a weekend with her running and driving around in a minivan filled with six sweaty people.  The original Ragnar races are teams of twelve so there are two vans with six people each.  One van is "on" while the other van is "off" for about six hours at a time.  When you're on, you're dropping off runners and meeting them at the next exchange.  When you're off, you're sleeping in a school gym or eating somewhere.  The only teammate I know is Anita, but there's no guarantee that she and I will be in the same van so I may not even see her much.  Hopefully I'll meet some more awesome people who like to do stuff that I like to do, though.  I'm breaking through the walls of my comfort zone.  Again.

Like a drum, baby, don't stop beating.

Del Sol

WICKENBURG, AZ TO TEMPE, AZ

FEBRUARY 21-22, 2014


No comments: