Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hello, My Name is Sara

...and I'm addicted to guacamole. I guess there are worse things one could be addicted to. Yes, avocados have a high fat content, but it's the good fat and they still somehow manage to be low in calories. Plus they have all those good vitamins like E and C and I don't know what else. Too much science for my little brain, but I know they're good for me. And they must be in season because they are so darn cheap right now. Every week, grocery stores are advertising them for 88 cents each, 77 cents each, or (Gasp!) two for $1. Of course, all these sales are only feeding my addiction. I'm a purist, so here's my guacamole recipe.

Guacamole
3 ripe avocados
juice of half a lemon
Kosher salt to taste

Mash together. How easy is that? I find a pastry blender works best.

So, the guacamole is good for me, but the chips I'm eating with it are not. Help me please. What else can I top with guacamole?

5 comments:

Holly said...

I like to just cut up my avocado in slices, then squeeze the lemon on top and eat them like a salad! Yum yum.

Holly said...

Love your blog by the way!

Sara said...

Thanks for the tip, Holly!

Unknown said...

mmm...avocados...food of the Gods.
I actually like my guac with lime and I mix in homemade pico de gallo.

Another thing I do is spread mashed avocados on to a turkey sandwich or wrap or dice them in a salad. Delish!

Robin Lawson said...

I wonder how hard it would be to grow avocados? They might like it in Arizona. :)