Monday, March 16, 2009

Aloha from...Tempe?

I know this week is typically dedicated to all things Irish, but Brian and I took the kids to a Hawaiian festival yesterday. Brian and his friends at work have a couple of favorite places to eat lunch and one of them is Aloha Kitchen. Last time he was there, he picked up a flier for the Arizona Aloha Festival. We were looking for something to do yesterday so we headed to Tempe Beach Park. We ate fantastic Hawaiian barbeque, had fun listening to a lot of ukelele music and watching many hula dancers, and enjoyed this refreshing Hawaiian ice during one of the shows. I wonder if I can make Hawaiian ice at home?

3 comments:

Marie said...

Lemon Ice! :)

windee said...

Hi Sara.. I blog stalk you at work and showed Joanne the picture of you, Elizabeth and Matthew at the Aloha festival. Elizabeth is getting so big.

I have the same shirt that you wore to the Aloha Festival. We both have great taste (and like Old Navy).

Sara said...

Cool! Tell Joanne I said hello.

I do love Old Navy. Call me if you want to shop. :)