
Every Sunday, we go to visit Brian's grandmother for dinner. When we first moved here, Brian and I would go out to dinner every week with his three grandparents. For the first 20 some years of his life, Brian didn't live very close to his grandparents (which is a completely foreign concept to me because where I come from, your whole family lives within a 20 mile radius of each other). He's making up for lost time and loving it. Anyway, after dinner, we'd go back to GiGi's for dessert because one of his grandmothers would always make something sweet. Times have changed. Sadly, his grandfather passed away seven years ago and his other grandma moved back to Colorado. So our Sunday party lost two but then Brian and I had two kids so we're back to five. It's a little more trouble to go out to dinner each week so usually GiGi (short for great-grandmother) or I make dinner and eat at her house. This week she made a ham so I offered to bring dessert.
I tried out another Cooking Light dessert yesterday and it is so yummy!
Carrot Cake is one of my husband's favorites, and this recipe interested me because in addition to the shredded carrots, she uses one jar of baby food carrots. Plus, there's oatmeal in it and hardly any oil or butter (just one tablespoon in the icing!). It's practically health food!
(Sorry for the fuzzy photo. I tried to snap the photo quickly before I had to explain to GiGi why I was taking pictures of my cake. At 91, I know she couldn't care less about a blog.)
1 comment:
GiGi would be happy to know that you are showing her blue willow dishes! The cake looks delicious!
Post a Comment