Sunday, August 31, 2008

Our Crazy Family Pizza

Well, I may not be baking as much as usual lately, but my family still has to eat three meals a day. While I was making dinner on Friday, I thought I'd take photos of our family's favorite pizza.

Have you noticed that moms are sometimes short-order cooks? Brian and I like veggies like olives, green peppers and mushrooms on our pizza. Elizabeth doesn't like any of that and poor Matthew can't eat cheese. Three quarters of the pizza has veggies and cheese but not the same three quarters. Confused? You just have to see it. Here are the before and after baking pictures:

It's a strange way to build a pizza, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Can you imagine me calling in an order for a pizza like this?

I use the recipe for Crusty Pizza Dough from my Kitchenaid Stand Mixer manual. Instead of all-purpose flour, though, I seem to have better results with bread flour. And instead of a pizza pan, I use one of those Pampered Chef stones. When I bake my pizzas, I always put the oven rack in the lowest position to ensure the crust is fully cooked. I am so hungry for pizza now.

3 comments:

PapPap said...

Now that is what I call a pizza. Just needs some MEAT.

PapPap said...

You are such an artist, how about some decorations for a cast?

Carie said...

I think pizza hut would hang up on you!