Candied Pecans
1 stick margarine (or butter)
1 lb unsalted pecans
1 c sugar
2 egg whites
pinch of salt
In a large baking dish, melt margarine. In mixing bowl, stir egg whites, sugar and salt until foamy. Stir in nuts to coat. Spread in pan with margarine and bake 30 minutes at 325 degrees, stirring every ten minutes. Dump onto a cookie sheet and break apart. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
3 comments:
I was just thinking about those for Christmas. Does anyone have a good spicy pecan recipe?
I would try www.recipezaar.com
You can search for whatever you are looking for and then sort by the ratings, time to make, etc...
That is the only site I use for recipes because it is awesome!
Hope you find one!
Thanks. I tried some recipe last Christmas and it was like, "yum plain pecans," because none of the spices stuck.
Post a Comment