Friday, February 5, 2016

My Running Partner

Aimee, who ran the Rock N Roll 10K last month, thoughtfully bought this print for me when she attended the race expo. I can't read it without crying. Though we don't run side by side every day, I consider her my running partner. We keep track of each other's runs during the week, and when we arrive at the park every Saturday, we wish each other a good run. Then she's out there, I'm out there, and we're in it together even though we're apart. She high fives me. I show her a peace sign. We smile. We cheer. We show our misery and are glad ours has company. We look and feel great or we're feeling awful and looking for the finish. No matter what, though, we're there together. (Except for now she's out there way longer because she's training for a half marathon at the end of this month!)


We're soul sisters and sole sisters.

1 comment:

PapPap said...

Tell her she is my Sole Daughter-In-Law Friend. She gave me a high five during the race and was there to pick up the pieces.