Saturday, January 9, 2016

It's a Beautiful Morning

My Saturday mornings are something I look forward to all week. Running with my close friends at a peaceful park and then enjoying coffee with them afterwards is the perfect way to start the weekend. It can't be beat, and when I got out of my car this morning, I decided to really enjoy my run and attempt to capture and share with you the beauty that surrounds us each week.

Aimee started a half hour before Jessica and I. The two of us began running just before sunrise at 7:30 a.m.


There was fog in some places and steam coming off the water.


Seeing the morning light is worth getting up so early. I'm grateful I'm a morning person.


This is what halfway looks like. 


This is Ed. He's the nicest and most talkative guy you'll ever meet. He wakes up at 3:00 a.m. and walks eight miles at this park. Every day. I was compelled to break my no-selfie rule for him. And I did. Now we all know why I don't ever take selfies.


Bunnies are everywhere so early in the morning. Sadly, I didn't run into any coyotes today.


This is one of my favorite paths.


That blue dot is Jessica.


The sights around every bend were stunning today.


This is my happy place. It's important to have a happy place.


This was taken towards the end of my run.


I'm already looking forward to my next visit.

No comments: