Friday, October 23, 2015

No. Just No.

Yesterday, I was telling my pal Aimee that when I sub at schools that are designed in the same format as our school, I have a harder time finding my way than at schools that look nothing like our school at all. You'd think it would be easier because I'm familiar with the floor plan, but I've realized that the subtle differences throw me all off. I can't get past them. The office door shouldn't face this way. These bathrooms should be around the corner. Why is the workroom on this side of the hallway? It's like I'm in bizarro world.

And that's how I felt listening to Ryan Adams' take on 1989. He's a talented musician and all that, but I can't go crazy over these covers. To me, they're all wrong. It's like he took the fun out of them and added a huge does of melatonin. As Aimee might point out, song-ruining should be reserved for elementary school talent shows.

I found this one to be the worst. Yawn.

No comments: