Friday evening, the kids and Elizabeth's friend from school went to the symphony with me. Matthew wasn't excited about going, but Brian worked late so he was forced to tag along. Eventually he came around, and we all had a pleasant evening out.
The best part for me was meeting Elizabeth's friend. Lydia is very polite, gracious, and seems like a very sweet girl. She's smiley, happy, doesn't act like she's seventeen, and she takes school seriously. She reminds me of someone. Oh ya. Elizabeth.
In a few days I'm volunteering for the first time at her school by selling dance tickets during lunch. My motivation for volunteering isn't what it used to be; I signed up because I have a dental cleaning earlier that morning so already had the morning off. Plus, I thought this would be a fantastic chance to meet the rest of her school friends.
I'm glad Elizabeth has found her happy place. It was shaky with the academics at first, but she's found a good groove and is learning how to juggle better. Math is still a challenge, but she continues to try hard and it's been paying off. They weren't kidding when they said you really should give your child nine weeks to adjust. I'm glad she and we stuck it out. She loves it there. It's a good fit.
I'm so thankful.
No comments:
Post a Comment