I said, just do it!
We now begin Matthew's daily homework session with this video. Historically, Matthew has had an intense dislike of homework. He hates it. It probably hates him back. I've hated this time of day for quite a while, and I also hate that there's so much hating going on.
Well, things took a turn a few weeks ago after I met my friend Jennifer for coffee. She introduced me to Shia LaBeouf's motivational speech. Shia LaBeouf? Yes, Shia LaBeouf. He's relevant again even though he used to be famous. Anyway, in the midst of Matthew's homework complaints that afternoon, I silently rose from the kitchen table, picked up my phone, found the video, and played it. Matthew attentively watched, laughed, said, "That guy's crazy," and then just.did.his homework.
The video works!
Matthew's right. He does look crazy, but I did a little research and it turns out this was a project for a college art class in London. Students were encouraged to submit a 30-second script for Shia LaBeouf. He graciously performed thirty-six students' work before a green screen, and now anyone (who knows how to do these kinds of things) can insert any background they want. There are hundreds, maybe thousands, of variations online, but the Just Do It piece is by far the most popular. And quite possibly, the most useful.
1 comment:
Matt, proud of you and I know you can continue to JUST DO IT.
Post a Comment