Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Spring Break Thoughts Already

My friends Jennifer and Christine planned a girls' getaway for us over spring break. I'm grateful to have cool friends with awesome ideas who say, "You're coming, Sara!" By lunch today, I had eight texts about flights and dates and times, and by tonight we were all booked and settled. We're going to spend a few days (four!) in the Santa Barbara/San Luis Obispo area and stay on Morro Bay. We are excited!

I've done zero research, and my California geography is less than stellar. I have some work to do or I won't know what to pack, and I kind of feel like the loser who isn't contributing. I'll be more useful when we're there, though. "One Glass Girl" will be the designated driver, as I seem to have the most sensitive stomach. Meanwhile, Christine has us all lined up for wine tastings for two days, and she found a Groupon for a pretty resort along the coast. Jennifer's looking into our car rental options because we fly into Burbank. I'm optimistic about this because she has "drive along the coast in a convertible" on her life list. This could be it!

So it all sounds promising, huh? It all goes down two months from Friday.

1 comment:

PapPap said...

Look at Fodors. If you have AAA order a travel book. I only remember certain things. Santa Barbara is on the beach and it is very pretty. San Luis Obispo is not on the ocean but in a mountain area that is very beautiful. Great wine country. Be sure to see the old Missions. If you have time take a side trip to Carmel (Clint Eastwood might welcome you). Pick asparagus along the roadside. Great area as long as the drought and fires have not damaged too much.