OK. There's no need to panic. Like I tell Elizabeth when she's having trouble falling asleep, your body will get the sleep it needs. Don't worry and you'll fall asleep. But I'm still worried.
I said something stupid at the PTO meeting tonight. Everyone else probably forgot all about it by now, but I hate to look like an idiot and can't stop thinking about it.
Then, the teacher I subbed for today thanked me and told me she left treats on everyone's desk except the students' whose names I left in my note. I'm very honest in my notes, but maybe I should rethink that. I believe my exact words were, "Everyone was respectful but ____ and _____ and _____ were a bit chatty." If I remember correctly, I ended the sentence with a smiley face! Yet when I go back tomorrow to that same class I'll face those sweet kids who I reminded to be quiet a few times today and see their sad faces when they realize they have no treat. Crap. I've already gotten out of bed to stick some pencils in my bag so they can earn something tomorrow. I have no idea what the treat is; it's probably better than a colorful pencil, though. I only wish she had told me she would do that. Live and learn.
Lastly, after tonight's meeting I had a beer, and any drip of alcohol after dinner messes with my body's clock. I'm awake. And now it's way after midnight.
It's OK. My body will get the sleep it needs. If it doesn't, I can nap right at three o'clock in the afternoon tomorrow.
Somehow that's not making me feel any better right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment