Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Smarter Choice

The holidays are nearly over. It's almost time to take down the tree and the treats are close to being gone. Thank goodness on both counts! The tree looks nice and the room will look empty without it, but for some reason I'm sick of seeing it this year. Maybe it's because half the lights don't work and we never bothered to fix it. But I thought I was so over perfectionism. Doesn't matter. Tomorrow it's gone.

We're also slowly working our way through the treats from friends, family, and neighbors. I appreciate their thoughtfulness. I do. It's just that I can't stay away from it. I normally don't eat lots of cookies and candy because I don't usually buy those things, but I am eating them now because they're there. They're almost all gone and I will rejoice and be glad not to look at them anymore, too.

In the meantime, I've come up with an alternative inspired by a friend. I sometimes make homemade Lara bars with dates and nuts and spices, but it's a huge ordeal with the food processor. However, when we went biking/hiking with friends earlier this week she told me she sometimes stuffs dates with almonds. Now why didn't I think of that?

So today I pulled out my dates and almonds from Costco and got those guys together!



Now when I reach for something I ought to make the smart choice, right?


Right! I believe I can and I will. Happy New Year to you and good luck with your own resolutions, whatever they may be.

No comments: