Saturday, November 8, 2014

Cub Scout Pow Wow

Matthew and Brian spent the day at a Boy Scout camp at the base of South Mountain. They left around 7 am and didn't get home until 4 pm. Matthew had a blast, and Brian said it was a worthwhile day outdoors. Brian's dad is an Eagle Scout so he enjoys hearing about their scouting adventures and seeing the photos. These are for you, Bob!

Matthew learned how to set a cotton ball on fire using a flint stick.


There was a blacksmith demonstration.


They shot BB guns...


and he didn't shoot his eye out.


They learned about Native American culture.


There was a self-defense class, too.


Matthew and the kids from his den--Francisco, Alex, and Garrett.


Requisite silly photo.


He learned how to use a compass properly.


And tried archery for the first time!


More guns.


Finally, they respectfully retired some flags.




He said his day was a lot of fun. I think all this is good for him, and I'm glad he and Brian are spending some quality time together.

1 comment:

PapPap said...

Tell Matthew that I was pleased he had such a wonderful retreat. I did not get to do all those things in Cub Scouts. I love seeing him enjoy the adventure and hope he keeps interested. Thanks remembering me. Means a lot.