Thursday, November 13, 2014

Future Design Engineer?

Hmmm. Maybe.

Engineers don't think like the rest of us. I know this is true because I'm married to one. I believe that I may also be a mother to another engineer. This kid uses ordinary things around the house to create leprechaun traps, laptops, and even an alarm for his bedroom door. Probably the funniest thing he uses is my foam roller. Yes, I said my foam roller.

A few months ago, he casually walks into the room and says, "Mom. I'm a Ghostbuster!"


I laughed so hard tears rolled down my face, and then I said what any mother would say. "Don't cross the streams, Matt. That would be bad."

Tonight, he found another use for the roller. He was running up and down the hallway screaming, "I have a jetpack! I have a jetpack!"


You know, he really did seem faster. :-)

No comments: