I took the day off today. GiGi needed some groceries, and I had some things to do around the house. Only GiGi called and said it could wait until next week, so after my chores I went clothes shopping. For myself.
It's getting cooler, and my work clothes consist mainly of sundresses. Hello? It's November! Though I need only half a wardrobe (because, yes, I do wear outfits twice in one week if I'm at different schools!), I did need some warmer and more seasonal options, so I headed to Old Navy to score some deals.
Afterwards, I went to DSW because I wanted to see if I could pull off boots. At first I was overwhelmed. Then I was afraid to try any on because I was wearing shorts and I knew I was going to look foolish. I got over that and then didn't know what the boots were supposed to look like so I kept taking photos and sending them to my fashionable (and honest!) friend Jennifer. She did her best from afar, but I was having no luck. Even a random lady in the store (to whom I had said, "This is worse than swimsuit shopping," and she commiserated), told me the boots I had on looked too clunky. When other people wear boots, they aren't so "baggy" in the calves. What gives?
So after trying on maybe fifteen styles, I finally purchased a pair of boots. I have to get some tights and try them on with some of my outfits before I decide whether or not they stay and also whether or not I'm a boot person. We shall see.
No comments:
Post a Comment