I know Halloween is supposed to be fun. I guess I'm just not as fun as I thought I was. But I participate anyway. Well, sort of.
We had our two jack-o-lanterns. Even more impressive this year, we had two fake gravestones in the yard. Matthew saw a house in the neighborhood with them and wanted them too, and since that's better than wanting blood splashes and zombies, we made gravestones. Brian cut out two pieces of wood, painted them gray, and then after school today I painted R.I.P. on them. We then Googled "funny gravestone names." Matthew picked Phil Dirt, and Elizabeth picked Izzy Gone. That's about as far as I go for Halloween decorations, and these were installed at 5:45 pm.
The kids looked adorable as an Egyptian and soldier. And Matthew lost his first top tooth yesterday, so in a way he also looked like a jack-o-lantern.
They're out with Brian now gathering candy. I asked him not to stay out too long because the last thing we need is a three-month supply of chocolate and gummies. I'm at home passing out candy to the few trick-or-treaters who venture down our street while enjoying a glass of wine and watching my favorite shows. In peace. I guess Halloween's not so bad.

No comments:
Post a Comment