I love pumpkin! I find pumpkin in my foods delicious--pancakes, muffins, cookies, cakes, and I enjoy pumpkin-scented Scentsy bars wafting through my home. What I don't love is carving pumpkins for Halloween.
First, it's one giant mess. Second, Brian hates it as much as I do, but since our kids can't wield kitchen knives yet we're both stuck doing it. Third, I try every year to roast the seeds, and my attempts are always unsuccessful. Judging by the oily seeds in my oven right now, that streak is about to continue.
I'm not a big fan of Halloween. Can you tell? It's creepy and scary and gory. And remind me again why we let our kids dress up in costumes to collect candy from strangers. I realize my attitude is bad but let's just get this over with.
1 comment:
Boo. I am not a Halloween fan either. Nothing like a day to celebrate freeloading. I do think it is a good prelude to Thanksgiving by getting acorn squash, pumpkin pie and apple cider. Hope the kids have fun tonight.
Post a Comment