Thursday, July 17, 2014

Still Strummin'

Though I took the summer off from lessons with Bob and Justin, I've kept playing. I'm doing the same things over and over, but that's okay because I enjoy it. My niche is strumming open chords. That's not hard to do but it's what I like. It's also not very impressive, even to a seven-year-old girl. I played "Let It Go" for Lila while we were at the beach and she sang along twice, but she never begged Aunt Sara to play her little Barbie guitar as I had fantasized. Oh well. I never claimed I was talented. The best I can ever hope for is to be layered in on rhythm with sixteen other guitar tracks. Dream on, Sara.

It's hard to believe my own sweet lady Genevieve is turning one at the end of this month. Awww. They grow up so fast. I got her almost a year ago and we've had a lot of fun. She's doing well even though I admittedly don't take very good care of her. That's gonna change! In fact, it already has.

A few days ago, the kids and I went to the guitar shop. Elizabeth is in the market for a ukelele, and I was determined to finally get a humidifier for my wooden acoustic guitar that lives in Arizona. We got some birthday ideas for Elizabeth, and I got a birthday gift for my guitar. Genevieve hasn't shriveled up into a raisin yet, in fact she's showing no signs of distress, but I wish I would have gotten one of these earlier. Whether she needs it or not, I feel a whole lot better now that I bought her a Dampit to protect her from hot and dry air. Next up, new strings.


Once she's all set up like new again--and these kids go back to school--I'll return to my lessons with Justin. I'm ready to be inspired and excited about learning some new skills. Can't wait!

No comments: