Bob and Sue took the kids over to GiGi's on Thursday afternoon. They've been busy swimming, going to the park, the movies, hiking, and probably doing lots more fun stuff with Grandma and Grandpa. They don't get to see each other often so it's nice that they have this time together.
It's also nice that Brian and I can be alone for a few days. The timing wasn't all that great with his in-town conference and major project at work this week--in fact, he's at work today--but I'm grateful we had a chance to dine finely late Friday evening, hike yesterday morning, relax yesterday afternoon, and then go out to eat again last night. We tried a new place in downtown Gilbert called SoCal Fish Taco Company. We really liked it, and we'll never visit Rubio's again. No one's paying me to say this, sadly, but I thought I was in San Diego. We ate on the cute patio in the back and enjoyed what really felt like San Diego weather. The patio reminded me of my friend's beach house that we visited last fall. There was even a little sitting area with couches and a coffee table. And the food was good, too! The menu isn't big but they have different kinds of tacos as well as beers from San Diego breweries we've visited. Brian had ahi tacos, I had mahi tacos, and our bill was less than $20. It was cheap, yummy, close, and the servers were friendly (perhaps the one non-authentic characteristic of this place as my friend Jennifer astutely points out that California customer service often lacks warmth and sincerity). It was a good meal and a delightful night out that we capped off with some shopping and frozen yogurt.
I miss my little buddies, though. We're going to GiGi's for dinner tonight and bringing everyone back home with us. We have just this evening with my in-laws before they depart for Atlanta tomorrow. It's been a great visit, but it always seems to go by so fast. At least we got to do everything we wanted to do and had planned to do this time. We're going to miss having them around. I sometimes wish we didn't live across the country from our families. Then again, I love it here and don't want to move back there. Our parents should move out here.
Subtle, Sara. Real subtle.
No comments:
Post a Comment