Tuesday, December 10, 2013

My Head is Starting to Get Fuzzy

I'm sick.  This cold and I have had an on-again/off-again relationship for the past three weeks.  I went to the doctor last week and got a prescription for antibiotics, but I started to feel better without them and thought I could hold on to them for the next time.  It's only December and I likely have one or two more sinus infections coming my way this winter.  Plus, I almost feel like I can afford to be sick now, but in January and February I have some races that I don't want to suffer through more than I need to.  I managed to master the circus act of the neti pot, drank lots of tea with lemon and honey, and got plenty of rest so I was hopeful that I had the cold licked this weekend, but last evening it punched me in the face.  So hard.  At breakfast I took my first pill, and I am now committed to taking two a day for ten days.  That should do it.

I spent my morning doing my weekly copies for teachers.  Horribly, I might add.  My head wasn't in the game, and when I realized a rather large mistake, I told her I would finish tomorrow with a clearer head and went home.

I wanted to sleep, but my face hurts when I lie down.  My face.  My face!  I tried to sleep sitting-up on the couch, couldn't, so I turned on the TV to one of my favorite Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks movies.  Awww.  She's sick like me.  And things like that just fly out of her mouth, too.  I think we both need a run.

No comments: