Saturday, November 16, 2013

Christine is Coming! Christine is Coming!

I recently got the best news!  My friend Christine, who moved to Omaha last year, is coming to visit in January!  I really miss her.  First she was Jennifer's friend and neighbor whom I talked to at parties.  Then she became our third workout partner.  Then on a day when Jennifer couldn't make it, Christine and I met anyway without "the glue," and I feel like we had only just started to become good friends before she had to move away.  Thankfully we text and keep up with each other on Facebook, but it's not the same as meeting every weekend at the park for a thirty minute workout followed by two hours of chatting at Starbucks.  It's just not the same!

Jennifer, deal-seeking aficionado that she is, bought a wine tasting for four at a winery near Oak Creek awhile back, so we're making a girls' weekend of it.  We're toasting Jennifer's birthday, memorializing or celebrating (that label is up to her) her divorce, and simply planning to have a blast with each other.  Allison, Jennifer's other friend and neighbor is coming, too.  I'm looking forward to it.  So much that I almost wish I didn't know about it yet.  It's so long to wait!

No comments: