Here's the latest creation in my pan. I made this cake for my friend and neighbor Shelly who celebrated her birthday last week. She watches Matthew every other week while I go to music class with Elizabeth and sometimes in a pinch, but she won't let me pay her. This was my way of thanking her for all she does to help me out. This is a Paula Deen recipe that uses pantry staples. I admit that I haven't tasted it, but it smelled great! Paula serves this cake at her Savannah restaurant, The Lady & Sons.
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
4 eggs
1 1/2 c water
1 t vanilla
1 package butter recipe cake mix
1 package instant vanilla pudding, 3.4 oz
1 package instant chocolate pudding, 3.4 oz
1/2 c melted butter, 1 stick
1/4 c vegetable oil
6 oz chocolate chips
powdered sugar for dusting (I went a little overboard)
Preheat over to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a tube pan or Bundt pan. In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, water, and vanilla by hand. Stir in the cake mix and pudding mixes. Slowly add thr butter and oil, and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 50-60 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate. Sift powdered sugar over the cake or drizzle chocolate sauce over it, if desired.
3 comments:
this looks soooo good! too bad i am trying not to bake stuff like this anymore!
Mmmmmm. I think I've only used my bundt pan once in the last 20 years, but now I'm inspired by your post + we just watched My Big Fat Greek Wedding last night. BUNDT! (I hope you know what I'm referring to. :)
Robin, use your Bundt pan! But don't put a plant in the middle. :)
Post a Comment