Monday, February 23, 2009

Meet Liz

Why yes, that is my lemon tree, and I've offically named her Liz. And not after my daughter. If you're still confused, it's because you're not watching the funniest show on television. You need to watch 30 Rock. Yes Alec Baldwin is in it, but you'll actually enjoy the show partly because of him and not in spite of him. I swear.

Liz is a wild woman, isn't she? We tried to cut her back last spring but that only made her stronger. We clearly don't know anything about taking care of citrus trees, but she certainly doesn't mind. She's like the Molly Brown of lemon trees. Hmmm, perhaps I should have gone with Molly? Nah, I like Liz. I thought it only fair to dedicate a post in her honor as she has so generously given me, my family, my friends, and my neighbors so much deliciousness these past few months.

And that's all I'm gonna say about lemons...until next year.
Add Image

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are so lucky to have that right in your backyard!! i'm jealous! you need to start selling them and shipping them out ;) haha.

Marie said...

I will second the jealous thing! I love reading your blog! You are a great writer and obviously an awesome baker. I loved the post about the Wii. Of course not the part where it made you cry but the part where you were talking about playing Nick's video games. I so remember us sitting on the floor of him room playing Gauntlet. haha

John Bee said...

Fresh lemonade in Chandler! Yummy - I must go to there.