Saturday, November 22, 2008

Spicy Cookies

Normally, I would say that something isn't really dessert unless there's chocolate in it, but in October, November, and Decemeber, I just love the flavors of the season. I love the taste of ginger, cinnamon, and cloves so I decided to try out these Spicy, Chewy Molasses Cookies from Baking Bites. I liked the sound of the spices but I wasn't sure about the black pepper and the cardamom. Plus, I had never baked with candied (crystalized) ginger before. I was pleasantly surprised. These are good cookies, but I'll add a little warning. They are spicier than the run-of-the-mill molasses cookie and not quite as sweet. That said, my kids are enjoying them tremendously; if my kids can handle the spice, you should be able to, too. I gave away these little lovlies to my book club friends last night and got rave reviews.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yes I ate both of them myself and didn't even mention them to the family. Deelish.

Just Another Mom said...

I shared mine with hubby, and I am not afraid to admit I regretting sharing. Next time I should know better and eat them all myself.