Sunday, November 23, 2008

Cooking Light Recipe Exchange

I'm hosting my MOMS Club's monthly recipe exchange tomorrow morning. The theme I chose was 'cooking light' so we're all going to share some low-fat, low-calorie, but--hopefully--delicious and flavorful recipes. The timing is perfect because we're headed for that indulgent time period between Thanksgiving and New Year's when pretty much anything goes.

I just received this month's Cooking Light magazine on Friday and I think I found the perfect recipe to share tomorrow morning. Double-Chocolate Biscotti. I made it today and I've already had a sample. Talk about a chocolate fix! These will make you so happy. And with only 50 calories and 1 gram of fat per cookie, you won't even feel bad about it. Just don't eat the whole batch.

I cannot get over this magazine. There is nothing light-tasting about any of their recipes. Each one I try I love, and they go straight into my permanent recipe box. I may make all my Christmas cookies this year from Cooking Light. I mean, if they're better for you than most cookies and they taste just as good or better, why wouldn't you?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love biscotti. That's all I'm saying.