I'm such a goober. I made delicious apple crisp and don't have the pictures to prove it. I remember taking the photos so I'm not exactly sure where they went. I downloaded (or is it uploaded?) the photos from my card and they weren't there. Did my husband switch the cards? Was the card not even in the camera during my photo shoot? Too many possibilities. It just makes me tired to think of it at all.
Regardless, you'll just have to trust me that it was beautiful--all warm and toasty and apple-y and spicy. It was such a throwback and so, so comforting. My mom made apple crisp a lot when we were growing up and it was one of my favorites. Mom's a busy lady this time of year so I didn't bother her for her recipe, but I did find Ina Garten's Old-Fashioned Apple Crisp recipe online. How could you go wrong with a dessert from Barefoot Contessa? She's a legend and her desserts are even more legendary. I halved the recipe and baked it in an 8x8 baking dish. I should have used better baking apples because I had to cook it 30 minutes longer than she says to, but when you decide you want apple crisp while shopping at Super Target and don't have the time or energy to go anywhere else afterwards, you just have to use the dumb produce they have there. Darn my spontaneity.
No comments:
Post a Comment