Monday, September 22, 2008

Healthy Muffins

When it comes to his lunch, my husband is a creature of habit. When we were first married, I made our lunches every night and I always had to make him the same thing: smoked turkey and Swiss on wheat with a little bit of mustard, six Triscuits, and a Granny Smith apple. After several years of the same lunch, he finally switched to crunchy peanut butter & jelly on wheat, nine Triscuits, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, and a banana. He also takes a granola bar for a snack.

The snack and three additional Triscuits can be attributed to the fact that he now works out at the gym in the middle of the day so he needs some more energy. His snack used to be a string cheese, but now he's watching is cholesterol so he switched to homemade granola bars as his snack.

I found these Morning Glory Muffins in Cooking Light magazine and thought they might make a good, healthy snack for him. They do; they just taste more healthy than regular muffins. And I even left out the flax seed! But, at least I have something lined up for when he decides to change his snack in, oh, about five years.
I love you, Brian!

No comments: