Do you like it? Tell me and be honest please. I'm not good with change and if my readers aren't either, I'll go back to the way things were.
While exploring other blogs, I found a website for blog backgrounds. Some are free and others you have to pay for. (Really, what will they come up with next? Capitalism at its finest.) Anyway, I was thinking that maybe I should have a more appropriate background for My Little Batch of Sky. Sky blue and tan seemed to do the trick and, as if there could be any doubt, this background is free. So I'll give it a try and see how you guys respond.
While we're on the subject of My Little Batch of Sky, I promised in my very first post to talk more about the name that I chose for my blog. Now is as good a time as any because I haven't baked anything in a few days. (It's 115 degrees here.) For those of you who've known me for a long time, you already know that My Little Batch of Sky is a play on my maiden name, but please allow me to elaborate.
My mother is a kindergarten teacher turned stay-at-home mother turned business woman. She's a very talented artist who held an open house once a year to showcase her work. While one of her customers was writing her a check, I overheard my mother spell out our last name and then say, "just like batch of sky." I hate to admit it, but for the longest time, I didn't really care for our last name. It's long, it's so hard to pronounce correctly, and it just doesn't sound very pretty. But, from the moment my mom said it that way, I thought of it differently. A little batch of sky. That is pretty.
I liked it so much that I started fantasizing about things to call My Little Batch of Sky. The best one I came up with was the beach house our family would have at our favorite vacation spot, Sunset Beach, North Carolina. We vacationed there every summer with my parents' friends and their families. Those were really good times and I miss those vacations, that beach and those friends. Sunset Beach is an island filled with private beach house rentals (most of which have cute names like "Little House on the Beach" or "Squid Row" or"Dunesbury") and we always wanted a house of our very own. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that dream is coming true any time soon, so we'll have to settle for a blog.
And this is it.
7 comments:
I like the new background. Very traditional and elegant (like you-awww.) You never told me you vacationed in the Carolinas. That is a dream of mine. So jealous now.
The new background is PERFECT. I love reading your blog...you are a great writer! You are so creative...you take after your mom in that way.
I was away for a few days (without the kids...lucky me!!) and I am catching up on your blog.
Love it! Just perfect for the site! Can't wait to try your newest recipe!
I also like the new background, very peaceful. Just don't change the way you write.
Sue, you're putting a lot of pressure on me!
I love the new background and everything you put on the blog. Makes my hungry all the time and inspires me to want to bake more. Only problem is i want to eat all of it.
I like the new background. It is very elegant. Kinda reminds me of a very fancy restaurant menu. Very fitting. The only consideration is that sometimes the background makes it a little harder to read. You are a perfect author. I think there is another talent simmering. Very proud of you.
Post a Comment