Saturday, July 12, 2008

An Apple Muffin a Day...

Even though I love to bake, it doesn't mean I'm not health-conscious. Although our family loves to eat our share of treats, we do eat pretty healthy. The fact that we make our own treats and avoid all the fillers and preservatives of store-bought items makes me feel better and, sometimes, a little less guilty. These Apple Muffins by Ellie Krieger are the perfect balance of nutrition and treat. They honestly taste great. The cinnamon/pecan/brown sugar topping really makes the muffin so don't skip it. You can make full-size muffins or mini muffins like we did. The kids and I had two every day this week after swimming lessons and they really hit the spot. The recipe makes about 36 mini muffins so freeze them, pop them in the microwave for a few seconds, and enjoy a hot-out-of-the-oven snack.

2 comments:

Team Thompson said...

LOVE the way you took the blog. I'll be checking in often to copy what you have made as I love to bake! :)

Unknown said...

I'll definitely have to try these...they look yummy.