Monday, July 14, 2008

Magic Cookie Bars

Have you made these yet? I saw Paula Deen make a version of this bar cookie on her show and thought it sounded so good and so easy. Apparently, they're quite popular. I even saw a box mix from Ghirardelli/Eagle Brand in the baking aisle of Super Target. Don't buy it! You probably have everything you need in your pantry. The most difficult step of this recipe is crushing the graham crackers, and if you have a food processor that obviously saves a lot of time. Although the recipe calls for chocolate chips, nuts and coconut, you can easily substitute any toppings you'd like. My favorite is semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, pecans and coconut. They almost taste like Girl Scout Samoa cookies.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

looks good...i think i'd have to pass on the coconut though :(

Sara said...

Yeah, coconut is a love it/hate it ingredient. If you use marshmallows instead, you'd have a s'more thing going on. Mmmm.

Jennifer said...

Did you obtain permission to use the revered Samoa name? HAHA I'm so proud of you for keeping on. Take that haters!