Friday, October 27, 2017

ART142 Assignment 2

I'll continue with my photography class assignments because that's an easy way to keep this posting streak alive without having to think too much about content.

Our second assignment was called "8-3-8." For five consecutive days, we had to take a photo at 8 am, 3 pm, and 8 pm. Wherever we found ourselves at those times of the day, we had to find something interesting to take a photo of. That sounds easier than it is. Again, some photos were better than others, but luckily this project was assigned over the weekend Matthew and I went to cub scout camp together so my mundane life wasn't as apparent.

8 am Thursday
Let's just say I was not in the mood for this class, this project, or taking stupid photos. I was "letting Buzzy have it" here by showing him how dumb this idea is. As if he cares what I think. I was also angry at Matthew for not making his bed. Whatevs.


3 pm Thursday
Um. I pick up Elizabeth from her bus stop at 3 pm every day. "Ooooo. A fence!" Ya. Not so much.


8 pm Thursday
There was just no way I was putting any effort into anything that day.


8 am Friday
"What the heck is there to take a photo of?" Nothing really interesting. Nope. Neighbor's ripped flag it is!


3 pm Friday
More like 5 or 6 pm because it takes a while to drive to Flagstaff. Not the best composition or exposure, but at least it's more interesting, no?


8 pm Friday
If you don't have a campfire going at 8 pm, you're not camping right.


8 pm Saturday
The pine trees at sunrise were inspiring. I love pine trees. This one is my favorite.


3 pm Saturday
I just needed some alone time for a moment. Why not take a photo while I'm in the tent? Done.


8 pm Saturday
Because I camp right. This is probably my second favorite.


8 am Sunday
Um. Not much happening that morning.

3 pm Sunday
This was actually taken Saturday afternoon, but I forgot to get one on Sunday so I cheated. I love how genuinely happy Matthew looks here. I mean is here.


8 pm Sunday
I'm 41, so by 8 pm I'm exhausted and in my pajamas. The backyard had to do.


8 am Monday
Is this over yet? At least Ringo is always photogenic.


3 pm Monday
Listen, Buzzy. This is stupid. I'm uninspired. Here's a photo of my car after it spent the weekend in the dirt. Wow. Try not to think too hard about it.


8 pm Monday
Clearly I just didn't care anymore so I took a picture of Elizabeth's homework. Buzzy had plenty to say about my white balance on this one. 


There you have it. The most boring and uninspiring assignment I recall doing. Ever.

No comments: