Tomorrow the kids go back to school. It's been a nice break. It felt like it didn't fly by like some do, and I think that's because it started so close to Christmas. Usually the first week is a frenzy getting ready for the big day, but this year we had only two days before Christmas. So most of the vacation was actually vacation. And then we went on vacation! It was a pretty good eighteen days for sure.
On our last day off, the kids and I took down the Christmas decorations and then went to see Moana. Did you see this movie? I had no idea David Bowie would make an appearance. I mean he was in the form of a crab, but it certainly felt like that crab was impersonating Bowie. Did you notice? Is it just me? I was a little freaked out, actually.
Anyway, the point of this post was to say how fun-filled and relaxing our break was. It really was. It's going to be hard to get back into the swing of things, though, especially judging by how inefficiently I made the lunches this evening. I'm way off my game. Gotta get our grooves back. And hopefully that starts with a run tomorrow. I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't run in 2017 yet. Ack!
Here's to a great start to the second semester!
1 comment:
Back to work. Back to school. But it will be just as fun building new memories to go with those you just made. It is 2017 and we can make it better. Just takes focus. Looking forward to seeing you.
Post a Comment