Monday, December 5, 2016

Tree Hugger

It's a sad day. We had the tree in our front yard cut down this afternoon. As I listened to the chainsaws and woodchipper from my kitchen, I kept reminding myself that the tree already died a long time ago, or at least a few months or so ago. We're not exactly sure what happened to it, but a few experts have said this summer's intense heat was hard on a lot of trees. We'd been meaning to take care of a for awhile, but we called someone to do it after I caught Brian looking at chainsaws on Amazon last week.

Nope.

I found a few tree removal places, we called for quotes, and we went with the guys who could do it in less than an hour for $280. I believe it's well worth it considering taking on a project like that would have taken Brian and me an entire weekend. Plus, cutting down trees is considered a risky business.

The front yard looks different now without our tree. It had been there for about sixteen years, so it's understandable if I miss it. However, it's not all gone quite yet. We asked the guys if they could save the main trunk of the tree and larger branches for firewood. Now our tree is taking on a new purpose and getting to travel. Aww. It's like it's retired.

1 comment:

PapPap said...

Sad to see the tree go but the front yard does look nice. Hopefully, the grass will recover. Good idea to hire the job out. Brian can fix anything but tree cutting is not quite in his wheelhouse.