As if the last few weeks haven't been challenging enough, I decided to participate in a 30-day online Pilates challenge. I figured ten minutes a day is something I can commit to, and so I asked my pal Aimee if she would join me and we've been checking in with each other daily to stay accountable. And it's been good.
It's only Day 6, but I feel like I'm getting my body back. The ten-minute workouts aren't exactly the way to fitness, but they get me moving. And when I get moving, I tend to like to stay in motion. I'm motivated to run, ride, hike, or walk more again.
It's helping my posture, too. Well it's making me more mindful of it, which should lead to alleviating my lower back pain. Here's hoping.
What's more, all this movement is helping my stress levels. And let's just say there has been a lot of stress lately. Last night, a possible setback was staring me straight in the face, but I didn't lose control of my emotions like last time. I assessed the situation, decided this is beyond me, and called in the professionals. We're all really hoping we can put this behind us. Now.
Once again, exercise and activity prove to be my saving grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment