A few weeks ago, in anticipation of our trip to Joshua Tree, I pulled out this album from our CD collection. I tried to play it while I cleaned the house, but we recently got rid of our DVD player because the XBox plays discs and Brian was trying to clean up the cabinet. Shockingly, I don't know how to use the XBox, couldn't figure it out after five minutes, and I gave up. But we did listen to this U2 album on our trip there, while we were there, and on the way home. As a matter of fact, the CD has moved to my car now, and I'm still enjoying it.
This music is from 1987. 1987! The tracks don't scream of 80's music, and they're as good today as they were back then. This thirty-year-old music is timeless, and this album is a classic. Everyone knows the first three songs, but other than "The Streets Have No Name," those aren't really my favorites. "Trip through Your Wires" is one I repeat often, but "In God's Country" made driving past those weird Joshua trees in the desert just a little more magical. Take three minutes from your day to throw it back to 1987. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:
Post a Comment