I know I can't stop talking about it.
It's just that we're very happy and excited! We're not happy and excited in a materialistic way, though. We just can't stop planning our upcoming big adventures and also our microadventures. We want to go to national parks, state parks, and little campgrounds not too far away simply to get away for weekends here and there. If we had careers where we could work from anywhere, and if I wouldn't have to home-school our kids, I wouldn't mind selling everything except for what we really need and go live in the woods. Then live at the beach the next week, the desert the next, by a lake the next, etc. There's an awful lot of stuff I would be okay with never having to see or deal with again. I wouldn't look at it as running away; I'd see it more as refocusing on what we really want out of life.
But Brian cannot work remotely. And I cannot home-school my kids. Plus, twenty-five feet isn't all that much space for four people, and the Airstream's owners manual specifically says it is not made for long-term living. (Something about the condensation of our breath, I don't know.) So short getaways and longer trips when we can will have to do. For now.
So I spend my evenings researching campgrounds, state parks, and national parks. Currently, I'm looking for somewhere to go in November when Brian's mother visits. She'll take a trip with us. Top picks are Sedona and Joshua Tree National Park. I'm leaning towards Dead Horse Ranch SP in Cottonwood right now for its proximity to Sedona. She's never been there before, and I think she would like the views and the shopping. Joshua Tree looks a little tricky with so many campgrounds being first come, first served, but maybe we can go there in the winter when my parents visit.
I'll keep looking. It's what I do now.
2 comments:
Excited for all of you. I have some long range suggestions after you get things under your belt. In the meantime you may want to investigate Good Sam Club, AAA and you timeshare for discounts and suggestions. Then do your engineering decision tree; what went well, what went wrong and what would we change next time. I bet it will make every trip better.
I'm going to enjoy reading about your adventures and seeing the new places you visit 😀
Post a Comment