Friday, September 25, 2015

Negative Nelly to Positive Paula

Fall break came at a good time.

Elizabeth's eye is puffy tonight. Not sure if it's pink eye, but we'll have that checked out tomorrow. I guess it's a good time to get sick; she won't miss school.

I feel like I'm coming down with a head cold. Today my eyes were watery so I had to wear my glasses, and my nose was running so I sported a red nose. I feel rundown and tired. I see a few days of rest in my future. Because I can!

Lastly, maybe a two-and-a-half week vacation from school will help cease the talk about the school's wing-eating contest two days ago. We get it. Teachers ate wings. Fast. The wings were spicy. Then the most competitive man won. The whole thing was disgusting. There is nothing shocking about any of it except that people enjoyed watching it. I'm so glad I couldn't be there and am looking forward to everyone putting that one to bed already.

It's time to forget about school and relax for eighteen glorious days.

No comments: