Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Yikes

I haven't exercised in ten days. Wow.

Now, you know I've been sick, so maybe that doesn't sound so surprising. Sometimes a body needs rest more than it needs a workout. That's true. However, what I find surprising is that I haven't missed exercising. At all.

I used to crave it. I needed it. It was my daily escape. Lately I can't force myself out of bed any earlier than I need to in order to get ready for my day, whatever it is.

What's happening? Who am I? I need to figure out a plan and quick before things totally fall apart. My friends aren't as into as they were, either. Is that why? Or perhaps I do need to register for events to keep moving. My last event was Ragnar, almost exactly a year ago. Sure I've had some bumps in the road with injuries this year, but I think maybe that's just age so I had better get used to it. Then again, the only person on my DailyMile feed who's really moving is my father-in-law. And he's 67. So I guess that theory is crap.

Time to get back at it! I'll start Thursday. Or Friday. Or maybe Saturday.

1 comment:

PapPap said...

Hey, Coach. Don't forget all the exercise you get chasing those darling youngsters around school and the special time you devote to your husband and my grandkids. You get a lot of important exercise, including the grey matter. You are my health idol so don't give up.