Monday, January 5, 2015

Even Nerdier

The great Thanksgiving pink eye debacle of 2014 spurred me to get myself some updated eyewear. I couldn't wear my contacts for a week so I was forced to sport those old specs and stay home out of embarrassment. To prevent that from happening again, about a month ago I scheduled my eye exam and ordered some new glasses.

It was about time! I've worn glasses since the seventh grade and have had only three pairs since then. I started out in a very trendy dark pink Sally Jesse Raphael number, moved on to a preppy but rather large-lensed tortoise shell pair in high school, and my last were wire frames that were nothing special and only for emergencies because contacts have been for me since the eighth grade.

Now I've noticed eyewear is fashionable among women my age so I may try these out in public for fun. Or not. It feels strange looking through frames and they may or may not be giving me a headache. I probably just have to get used to them. Either way, these are my newest pair which, as my track record indicates, should last me eight to nine years.

1 comment:

PapPap said...

Looks great. Kinda like a substitute teacher. Very distinguished.