Sunday, November 2, 2014

On the Same Page Now

Finally. The rest of the world is waking up and realizing what Elizabeth, I, and millions of preteen girls have known for years. Taylor Swift is awesome.



I know. She's young, pretty, very skinny, and blond so haters are gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate. But what they can't deny is that she is a serious artist. When she first arrived on the scene, I didn't think she'd still be around today. Wow. She writes her own songs? But she's fifteen! How does she know anything about anything? What does she know about love and loss? But she somehow knew and was really good at capturing those emotions and setting them to music. Then her second time around was even better than the first and I thought, She must have really good producers. Then she kept getting better. Then she was her own producer. And when Speak Now and Red were released, Elizabeth and I were hooked for life.

Say what you want about her acting ability, her appearance, and her boyfriends and breakups, but don't try to convince me she's not good at songwriting. Because she is. If that was my job, I'd want to write like she does. Years ago, I sat down to write a song because I thought I could. I did it, too. I wrote lyrics for a whole song--four verses, a chorus, even a bridge. It's tied up in a lovely little package in my head, and I think it would make a good Taylor Swift song. Maybe I should send it to her so she can turn it into gold. Or platinum. Does she accept lyrics? From her fans' moms? Doubtful. But maybe. Now where did I put that? Nah, I kid.

In any case, I hope you're enjoying her new album as much as we are. Because you like her. You friggin' love her!

No comments: