Thursday, October 16, 2014

Just a Few More

Because I know you really want to see more photos of our trip to Colorado, I'll share these last few with you. Then I promise to stop.

After we hiked the Goulding Trail on Monday, we drove to Silverton. We saw some awesome autumnal views along the way.





We happened to arrive in Silverton as the train was departing.The Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad is the thing to do for anyone who visits Durango. Though you can ride it to Silverton, have lunch and shop in Silverton for a few hours, and then ride the train back to Durago, that is an all day affair. The train ride is 3.5 hours, but a drive in the car takes only an hour.We considered riding the train to Silverton and taking one of their buses back to Durango, but since we did the zip line activity we were never forced to make a decision on that. Thank goodness because the train options were mind-boggling.

Downtown Silverton


The following day, we did ride the train to Soaring Treetop Adventures. The view for the first hour wasn't too enthralling, but it got good very quickly once we reached the mountains. The photos don't do it justice. You should really go see it for yourself.








Aww man. I want to go back. Let's go.

No comments: