Sunday, October 26, 2014

Don't Touch That Dial

On the way home from GiGi's tonight, Brian was flipping radio stations. I hear, "I really wanna--," before Brian goes to the next channel. I gasped and exclaimed, "Did you just turn off George Harrison?" He smiled and flipped it back, but not before Elizabeth screamed, "Daddy!"

Even she knows that in my car there are certain artists so sacrosanct that we don't dare see if "something better" is on anywhere else. George and any Beatle are on that list. Who else? The Doors. Buddy Holly. Nirvana.

I never thought about it before, but I'm wondering if one must be deceased to make that list. Maybe, because even Paul doesn't stay on for long when a station plays some songs from his Wings days. Hmmm. Interesting.

But no. That's not it because Petty always stays. So does Led Zeppelin. And CCR. And the Police and Sting. And U2. All the good stuff stays, man.

No comments: