Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Bye Bye, Birdies

Pardon his French.


I saw this on Facebook this morning and laughed. Then I laughed some more. Sure it's ridiculous, but you know what? Samuel L. Jackson as Bob Ross is very wise.

So yeah, Little Problems. Fly like birds. Fly, fly away! This house is no place for you anymore. Besides, we're bringing home our cat soon so it's best if you don't stick around.

That's my roundabout way of announcing that we're getting a cat. Today. We're hoping it's permanent but for now it's a three-week trial run. The admin at school has a cat who's a year and a half and constantly tormented by the two dogs in her house. She said Ruthie the Cat should be in a quieter, dog-free home. Hey, that's us! Ruthie's affectionate, likes people more than dogs, and doesn't shed much so we're hoping this is a good match for both sides. If it's not, Gayle says we can bring her back with no worries and I know she means that. Hopefully, we're a good fit for each other.

We expect Ruthie will disappear into our house for three to four days at first, though. If and when she comes out of hiding, I'll try to snap a photo of her. Patience all around.

No comments: