Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Yawn

Not much to talk about today.  Just the same old, same old.  Nothing new.

I kid.  Last night was awesome!  That JT puts on quite a show.  Yes.  Quite.a.show.  I thought I could tell you all about it, but I wouldn't do it justice so I pulled a few YouTube videos for you.  If you ever get the chance to experience one of his shows, you should go.  Don't think.  Just go.  The guy (and his band and his singers and his dancers) works it for three hours.  Three hours!  Can you imagine JT doing what he does for three hours straight?  I no longer have to.  Man.  The guy can move and sing like no other, and that's why he's a world-class entertainer.  He's also personable and seems like a regular kind of guy, except for that fact that he's a world-class entertainer.

I was happy to get to spend the evening with Jennifer; we have a lot of fun together.  She's a big JT fan, so it was cool to see her get so excited.  It's kind of like me with Bryan Adams.  (Yeah, Jennifer is so much cooler than I.)  When we first arrived, Larry the Usher gave us the lowdown that although the show started at 8:00, the DJ would play for an hour or so and JT would come on at 9:00.  So we relaxed, took a bunch of ridiculous self portraits which I can't share with you now because our computer isn't working (or I don't know how to get it to work) so I have to write using this laptop.  I'm sure you're all broken up about it.  Please don't cry.

At showtime, the lights dimmed, images appeared on the screen for what seemed like forever, there was one giant flash, and there he stood.  Then the Tennessee Kids rose from the stage and it was on with "Pusher Love Girl."  It happened just like this.  Allow me to suggest that you begin watching at 1:30.  (That was pretty much our angle too, only we were slightly further back but not higher.)  It was non-stop energy like that until a ten-minute intermission.  He did a wardrobe change, came back, and continued right where he left off.  About two-thirds into the show, part of his stage floated over the audience "seated" on the floor and stopped practically right in front of us.  At one point, he came to the end of it, and Jennifer and I swear that he looked right at us.  He did.  He really did.  I even have a photo of it...that I can't show you.  Awww, man!  I put it on Facebook last night, and as my friend Marie mentioned, it's like he's looking right at me and saying with his eyes, "I like your new shirt and sensible boots, Sara."  Ha!

Other highlights were "Don't Hold the Wall" and my personal favorite (OMG look at all those guitars!) "Drink You Away," which he performed immediately after chugging a beer that a guy from the audience gave him, "Cry Me a River," and an acoustic version of "What Goes Around Comes Around" and....  Oh forget it.  There are too many highlights to list.  He eventually brought down the house with "Mirrors," disappeared into the floor, and it was all over much too soon.

Though the music was a little too bass-heavy at times for my taste even with my granny earplugs (I could feel the thumping in my chest), go buy tickets to an upcoming show.  Because I said so.

No comments: