Sunday, December 8, 2013

Who DOES That?

I do a lot of strange things, but waking up at 5:15 on a Sunday in December to run at the park and be home by 8 o'clock might be one of the strangest in a while.  Luckily, I have friends just as nutty as me so I'm never alone at being strange.  We're good for each other.

Aimee's half marathon training plan had her scheduled for 8 miles, my plan had me scheduled for 9 miles, and Janette....  Well maybe Janette's the strangest of the three of us because she's not committed to the half marathon just yet, but when I told her we were planning on running this morning she said she wanted to come, too.  Great news!  So we met at the park, I gave them both a headlamp, we each took off on our merry ways and then met up again 90 minutes later.  We all had great runs because it wasn't as cold as it was yesterday and running without the sun shining on you always seems easier.  Plus, with their 8 miles, both Aimee and Janette reached new distance records!  That was really, really cool!  I love that!  Then we stretched and went home.

What?  No Starbucks reward?

No.  Not today.  Aimee had to get ready for church, and even though Brian decided last night not to ride, I figured that as soon as I blew in all sweaty and accomplished he'd want to hit the trails, too.  And he did.  Ha!  I know him so well.  So he'll probably mountain bike 20-some miles in two hours, and we'll both be exhausted and asleep on the couch this afternoon.

I hang out with so many crazy people, but it's the good kind and I love it.  And them.

No comments: